The ResilientAfrica Network will conduct the first Deliberative Polls in Africa. The partner labs will engage in Deliberative Polling® to assess the informed and representative views of the population in three stages: priorities for resilience challenges, priorities for interventions that would help address those challenges and assessment of the success of those interventions.
Deliberative Polling® (DP) was held in the Tamale Metropolitan Area of Ghana on January 10-11, 2015. The Tamale Poll is the first of its kind in West Africa and the second in Africa after Uganda’s Mt. Elgon region DP held in July 2014. The DP discussions revolved around challenges related to rapid urbanization.
- Eastern Africa RILab: Chronic conflict and displacement; Climate change and variability
- West Africa RILab: Population growth and urbanization
- Horn of Africa RILab: Drought and chronic displacement of local communities and regional dynamics.
- Southern Africa RILab: Chronic disease, especially HIV/AIDS; Role of land tenure
- The ResilientAfrica Network Aims to Live Up to Its Name Frontlines 12/2015 PDF
The State of African Resilience
Please join us for the launch of a new report, “The State of African Resilience: Understanding Dimensions of Vulnerability and Adaptation,” which identifies major dimensions of resilience from the perspective of more than a dozen vulnerable communities across sub-Saharan Africa.