Deliberative Polling® (DP) was held in the Tamale Metropolitan Area of Ghana on January 10-11, 2015. The Tamale Poll is the first of its kind in West Africa and the second in Africa after Uganda’s Mt. Elgon region DP held in July 2014. The DP discussions revolved around challenges related to rapid urbanization. The ResilientAfrica Network is conducting the first Deliberative Polls in Africa.
- Deliberation for Development: Ghana’s First Deliberative Poll Journal of Public Deliberation
Dennis Chirawurah, James Fishkin, Niagia Santuah, Alice Siu, Ayaga Bawah, Gordana Kranjac-Berisavljevic, & Kathleen Giles
- How deliberative designs empower citizens’ voices: A case study on Ghana’s deliberative poll on agriculture and the environment Public Understanding of Science
Video Briefing on the Issues
- West African urban polls find clean water top priority Reuters 3/2017 PDF
- Successful deliberative polling conducted in Tamale, Ghana News Agency, 10/2015 PDF
- ResilientAfrica Network conducts Deliberative Poll in Tamale, Vibe Ghana, 1/2015 PDF