On December 12-13, 2015 a scientific random sample of 317 of the residents of the Capital City Ulaanbaatar gathered for two days of deliberation about major infrastructure projects proposed in the city’s master plan. The program consisted of small group discussions and questions to experts during plenary sessions that explored arguments for and against the 14 large projects that would require borrowing for financing. The project took place under the guidance of a distinguished advisory committee co-chaired by Mayor Bat-Uul and Mr. Zandanshatar. It included distinguished figures in Mongolia, including former political actors with diverse political backgrounds, business and civil society. During the event the Mayor pledged to implement the priorities of the people expressed in the Deliberative Poll.
- Mongolia’s First Deliberative Poll: “Tomorrow’s City” Final Report
- Mongolia’s First Deliberative Poll: Initial Findings From “Tomorrow’s City”
- Press Release
- ХЭВЛЭЛИЙН МЭДЭЭ
- Deliberative Polling® as a Means of Improving Public Knowledge Sylff 4/2016 PDF
- Development Through the Eyes of Citizens Mongolian Economy Journal 1/2016
- Development Through the Eyes of Citizens (in Mongolian) Mongolian Economy Journal 1/2016
- Eco-parks to start construction this spring The UB Post 1/2016
- “Иргэдийн оролцоо-хотын маргааш” зөвлөлдөх санал асуулгын дүнг даваа гарагт олон нийтэд танилцуулна sonin.mn 1/2016
Summary: The Governor of the Capital City received Prof. James Fishkin, Center for Deliberative Democracy, Stanford University on January 15, 2016 and discussed the initial findings of 1st Deliberative Polling in Mongolia, held in December 2015 and exchanged opinions on further cooperation. The Governor expressed that he is satisfied the initial results Deliberative Polling and highlighted there is no doubt that the initial results were made free from conflict of interests and based on the reality. The Governor added that he introduced DP methodology to the President of Mongolia. The President of Mongolia is interested in application of this methodology in order to get public opinions on his proposed decisions. As informed by the Professor Fishkin, citizens were concerned on issues related to Support for the environment as a key factor in policy choices, Support for decentralizing the city in multiple population and industrial centers and Support for moving the industries from the city center. Professor added that the detailed results will be presented soon.
- Зөвлөлдөх санал асуулгын дүн гарлаа breakingnews.mn 1/2016
Summary: Report of initial results.
- БИЧЛЭГ:”Иргэдийн оролцоо-Хотын маргааш” санал асуулгын дүн гарлаа ubs.mn 1/2016
Translation of the recording: At the initiative of the Governor of the Capital City, The Capital City Governor’s Office, CDD, Stanford University and The Asia Foundation jointly organized Deliberative Polling “Citizens Participation-Tomorrow’s City” December last year. Today the members of Advisory Committee releases the initial findings of DP to public.
- Э.Бат-Үүл Станфордын Их сургуулийн профессортой уулзлаа mongolnews.mn 1/2016
- Interview with James Fishkin Bloomberg TV 12/2015