The first DP in Africa was conducted in July 2014 in Bududa and Butaleja districts of Uganda. The topic was how to deal with the environmental disasters and population pressures that challenge life in these vulnerable communities. The ResilientAfrica Network is conducting the first Deliberative Polls in Africa.
- Applying Deliberative Democracy in Africa: Uganda’s First Deliberative Polls Dædalus
James S. Fishkin, Roy William Mayega, Lyn Atuyambe, Nathan Tumuhamye, Julius Ssentongo, Alice Siu and William Bazeyo
- Online Appendix – Applying Deliberative Democracy in Africa: Uganda’s First Deliberative Polls
- Executive Summary of Results
- Innovating for and with the communities in the Mt. Elgon Region, Uganda
- RAN Announcement of Results
- A Report on the Projects in Bududa and Butale Districts, Uganda
- Helping African Citizens Make Informed Choices, Stanford University International Affairs 1/2015 PDF
The goal of Deliberative Polling® in Africa was not only to engage and consult with the community but to inform innovations and strengthen resilience.
- Makerere scientists assist Mt Elgon residents to avoid floods the Observer 6/2015 PDF
- Makerere University designs interventions to save Bududa, NTV, 1/2015 VIDEO