The Deliberative Polling® project in Zeguo township, Wenling City, allowed a scientific sample of ordinary citizens of China to deliberate about which infrastructure projects would be funded in the coming year.
The local government needed deliberative and consultative meetings to reduce conflicts of interest, reduce any perception of corruption, and provide a channel for citizens and interest groups to express their concerns about municipal construction projects.
- Deliberative Democracy in an Unlikely Place: Deliberative Polling® in China
James S. Fishkin, Baogang He, Robert C. Luskin and Alice Siu British Journal of Political Science
- Corporate Deliberative Democracy: Case Study of Deliberative Democratic Conversations at the the Longbird Enterprise Group
- The Enhancement of Deliberative Democracy in Local China Democratic Deliberation on the 2008 Financial Budgeting in Zeguo Township (English Translation) Study Times
- The Enhancement of Deliberative Democracy in Local China Democratic Deliberation on the 2008 Financial Budgeting in Zeguo Township (Original Article) Study Times
- China’s new intelligentsia Prospect Magazine 2/2008